The new guidance is based on the FA’s core ethos that ‘Football is for everyone’.
The guide covers:
- Laws that protect trans people
- How to tackle discrimination at your club
- Making positive steps towards inclusion
- Issues around ‘fairness of competition’
- Supporting trans people as managers, players, supporters and other football roles
- Testimonies from trans people who play, watch and coach football
To accompany the guidance, Gendered Intelligence has produced a short film about trans people playing football. We hope the video will lead to greater understanding for people who play football and are involved in football at semi-professional and grass-roots levels.
This video is about showing you that trans people play football too and we want you to include us in the beautiful game – Jen Kitney, Trans People in Football (film)
Watch the film: